We can bring all the necessary equipment to provide self-defense training at your company location at a time of your convenience. Alternatively, we can hold the class at our dojo in Richmond. Whether you want to hold a Vancouver corporate self-defense class specifically for women keeping with their unique needs in mind, or a class for both men and women in which they can learn basic self-defense skills together in one group, we can tailor a lesson plan that suits your company's needs.
While we teach prevention strategies as being the first line of defense, we also teach practical physical defenses that use gross motor skills, making them easy to learn and use while under the high stress conditions of an assault.What Your Staff Will Learn
- 6 very practical strikes for self-defense, each of which can be learned in under 3 minutes
- Fundamentals of the "Simple Hold Escape System"
- Self-defense against attacks from the ground
- Personal safety and awareness tips in day-to-day situations
- How to perform verbal de-escalation
- How to react to an attack
- How items in your personal surroundings can be used as "weapons of opportunity"
You'll also receive a hand-outs with street safety information. The class is led by our dojo instructors
Lori O'Connell Sensei, 5th degree black belt and Chris Olson Sensei, 3rd degree black belt.
Participants should have comfortable clothes to move in and a pair of clean running shoes. Water bottles are also recommended. Each participant must sign our company's liability waiver before class.
Please contact us
for a consultation and quote. We are happy to put together a course that is more specific to your unique company's needs.